- Dict protocol
- Dikt implements the client side of Dict protocol, which lets you make advanced dictionary searches. See Dict Project web site for information on Dict protocol.
- Network application
- Dikt is a network application, it looks up words on Dict servers, so it is not necessary to install any dictionaries.
- Browser interface
- Dikt is very similar to web browsers and should be easy to use for anyone familiar with the Web and Internet.
- Search history
- Dikt lets you navigate through past definitions and matches.
- HTML formatting
- Dikt converts plain text entries into HTML text which is much easier to read. It supports custom Formatting, and also custom colors in HTML text.
- Retrieving suggestions
- When no matches are found, Dikt will suggest possible corrections.
- Looking up selected text
- Simply select the text anywhere on your desktop, and Dikt will look it up.
- Automatic matching
- Dikt can retrieve matches with every search.
- Database groups
- Several databases can be grouped together, to work like a single dictionary.
- Dict Urls
- With a Dict Url in the form dict://host/word, look up words on any server.
Plus all features expected from a desktop applications: text find, file saving, document printing, online help, etc.